Welcome to Fred H McGrath & Son, Inc.
Fred H McGrath & Son, Inc. is a third generation; family owned and operated Funeral Home, located in the Village of Bronxville, New York. The McGrath family has been serving the surrounding communities of Bronxville, Eastchester, Tuckahoe, Mt. Vernon, Yonkers and Scarsdale since 1918.
Original owner and founder, Fred H. McGrath wanted to make sure that all families of the surrounding communities, regardless of their religious, ethnic or financial backgrounds were able to provide their loved ones with a proper and fitting funeral. So, in 1918 he started Bronxville’s first and only Funeral Home. His son, Robert, grandson Tim, and the rest of the staff at the Funeral Home continue to work with that mission in mind. Our goal is to meet all of our families needs as professionally and sympathetically as possible. The staff at Fred H. McGrath & Son, Inc. includes 6 NYS Licensed Funeral Directors with an average of 25 years experience.
Our experience and expertise will assure you quality service, and our licensed funeral directors will fully explain all of our available services and answer your questions. It is important to us that we continue to provide to our families the same high level of service and integrity that was first established by Fred H. McGrath in 1918
During this unprecedented public crisis, we are committed to the health and well-being of the community we have served for over 100 years. We remain open with the priority of honoring the needs of our clients in a safe and respectful manner.
To that end, we have the following precautions:
- Enhanced cleaning in accordance with the recommendation of the CDC
- Telephone and email arrangements available as needed
- Services that will follow the guidelines mandated by the NY State Health officials and The CDC
New Restrictions for Public Calling Hours
- Masks: The wearing of masks is not required but is Strongly Recommended for all visitors. Please respect that some families may requests masks be worn while visiting. Signs will be posted and masks will be available at entrance.
- Please be Brief: After paying respects to the family, please keep your stay short.
- The Families Understands These Restrictions
- Please Enter through the Front and Exit Through Back Doors
During these unsettling times, we want to thank our health care providers, first responders and their families. It is a privilege to serve in this community and we are grateful to the friends and families who have put their trust in us.